BRIDGING THE EDUCATION GAP BETWEEN THE PRIVILEGED AND THE UNDERPRIVILEGED
The Zedbridge Alternative Education solution provides an entire pre-packaged school (PreK - 8th grade) in the cloud with all the main elements that make up a great school:
- A dynamic, interactive, collaborative, holistic environment that conforms to high educational standards and can be easily replicated
- Improved and meaningful classroom instruction that does not require extensive training to ensure success
- Real time feedback for continuous improvement
Curriculum that conforms to high educational standards BUT also develops the entire child
- Teachers equipped with detailed lesson plans that use the best teaching methods to impart knowledge and inspire students
- Technology centers that allow for interactive exploration, research, collaboration, and the ability to dream and see beyond their quotidian environment
- Assessment modules that allow for monitoring of the system
The Zedbridge Alternative Education Model
A Hybrid of the Old and the New
Traditional Teaching Approach
This teaching approach follows the traditional method of education using printed material and a curriculum that follows an education standard of a country.
The core of the traditional teaching approach is detailed lesson plans that use the best teaching methods and allow anyone to teach a topic. Lesson plans and student activity sheets for the entire school will be provided weekly to the school.
The goal is to:
Enhance this teaching approach by using new instructional teaching methods so that it is dynamic, interactive and collaborative.
Develop it in such a way that anyone can teach it with minimal preparation time and does not require the use of textbooks.
Innovative Teaching Approach
This teaching approach is based on using a low cost technology center with workstations or tablets. The curriculum will be project based.
The students work in a group and collaborate to present their findings to the class. Classes are taught and monitored remotely through the internet via live instruction or remote instruction.
The "School in the Cloud's" Self Organized Learning Environment(SOLE) model is used initially and then other innovative learning methods will be added, including learning through gaming.
The Zedbridge Alternative Education Components
The Zedbridge alternative education model contains all the essential components(Instructional Material, Training, Administrative tools, Support structure, and Partnerships) required to run a school. It is designed so that it can be easily deployed, customized and scaled and has a support structure that ensures teachers succeed.
- Follows education standards
- Curricula for Pre-K - 8th grade
- Detailed lesson plans
- Recorded and live teaching
- Teacher Training
- Administrator Training
- Deployment Team Training
- Classroom Management training
- Work with local medical professionals to visit the school regularly
- Partner with the government or organizations to provide food if required
- Partner with groups and organizations to provide an after school program
- Local facilitators
- Retired qualified teachers as Mentor Teachers
- Regular meetings between partner schools
- Curriculum/Teacher scheduling
- Teacher Evaluations
- Grade Sheets
- Monitoring Tools
The Zedbridge Alternative Education Pilot Program
Various parts of the Zedbridge alternative education model have been successfully tested at our partner school, HC Elementary in Kolkata India. We are now at a stage to start a two year Pilot program in India, where the program will developed at HC Elementary and then replicated in ten other schools in India using two different education standards and in two different cities.
JOIN US TO USE EDUCATION TO CHANGE THE LIVES OF UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN
We need your help with the following...
We need your dynamic, inspiring lesson plan(PreK - 8th grade; English, Sciences, Math, Social studies) to provide to teachers that teach underprivileged children. If you have any, please click here to learn more.
We need your expertise to provide a value driven curriculum that develops the entire child - intellectual, emotional, social, physical, creative and spiritual. Click here to learn more.
We need Remote Instructors to:
>Teach classes remotely
> Monitor student response
> Develop curricula and lesson plans
Click here to learn more
We need Software Developers to build on existing software solutions to provide a very simple and easy front end interface. Click here to learn more
We need finances to make this work. Donate here.